Saturday, July 5, 2008

The "There's Nothing Like..." List

Here are some things that have been on my mind lately and this is how I categorize them: There's Nothing Like...

Taking wisdom from a child. It's amazing how fast Isaac can switch from being totally miserable to deciding "I want to be happy!" I could never be so determined to change my attitude, but I need to be more like that. Suck it up and let it go. Move on. That's when you get a treat, after all.

Taking wisdom from a baby. How many of us smile while we're distressed? Noah is so sweet! He'll be in some crazy predicament and very upset and when I arrive to help him out, he doesn't stop crying, but he does make the effort to be happy in that small but important way.


Words of encouragement. I live for the words, "Good job, Lizzy-Loo!" when we're running (thanks, Jare!), but I also love to hear Isaac's "Good job, Noah! You got it!" and "You're wonderful! You make poop!" The seed is planted. Everyone, don't hold back; say something nice if you're thinking it and it's true.
(Jared photoshopped himself out of this picture)

A new do. Man, this has been way overdue, but what a relief it is! Four braids have made their way to Locks of Love by now and I don't miss them a bit. Thanks, Steph!

Songs of the heart. Isaac has been going around singing two songs and they both make us so very happy. One of them is "Ta-ra-ra-boom-dee-ay" and the other is the "I am I am" song from Nacho Libre. He leaves out one of the "ra's" on the first and he usually concludes the latter with "I am Nacho Libre." Seriously, such good stuff.

Today Isaac made up a new song while strumming on my guitar: "I want to sing a song about candy: When you go to eat candy, when you go to eat candy all by yourself, you have to go potty first, then you get a treat. That was a good candy song!"


Moving across the country to make you appreciate "home." Utah has been my home since 1995 and, to be honest, I'm scared to death of leaving the familiar and starting over. Jared's stoked, but who wouldn't be? He's going to Johns Hopkins! But it will be an adventure, so we're excited. Meanwhile we are trying to "do it all" before we move and make the most of living here until August 16.


(A picture of Baltimore Street)

9 comments:

Bob said...

Yet more additions to the Isaac-isms! We love 'em! We'll have to find ways to visit, especially when y'all are far away.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

Your hair looks so cute! Mackenzie donated an 11 inch braid to locks of love. The boys are so cute and are getting so big! Hopefully we can take a big vacation next year to visit you guys in Baltimoore... we miss you!

Trace Gibson said...

Great post. Hey, this blogging stuff is pretty nice, I should get to it again. So this is so crazy...I LOVE your hair, and did I mention that I cut all mine off a week ago??? Seriously, Kennedy and I are twiners! Thanks for your wise (and funny) words, Lizzy Loo! (I really like that nickname by-the-way).

Writing Group Blog said...

You look fantastic! You inspired me, I think.

Laurel said...

Wow-- Baltimore looks great! We're so excited for you guys and your big move!

Laura said...

Your hair looks amazing-it is making me have second thoughts about continuing to grow mine out. Also I'm not going to lie moving isn't too fun but in the three moves that I have moved in my married life I have been amazed at how the wards you move too make such a huge difference-the term ward family really is just that, and I'm sure the wards down by Johns Hopkins are awesome so you will be just fine!

Erin said...

I cracked up so much at Isaac's candy song. Its so all there, in the song. I hear Ben sing the exact same song every day! Hopefully Lizey sing it, too, but she's on strike now that Josiah gets to poop in his pants.

Erin said...

I didn't realize what locks of love was talking about until I read the comments. I thought it was some weird lingo.

Erin said...

You're moving Aug. 16? Are you going to Natalie's wedding?