Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The End

It's time to say good-bye for now.

I have loved every minute of blogging, but for a number of reasons, I have to stop. Hating to be the one to hang up first, I'll give you some of the reasons and then a quick update on our lives before I abandoned my captive audience:

  • Blogbooks are stupidly time-consuming to make...and blogbooks are 80% of the point of me having a blog. Besides that, the company that used to slurp my blog into a book stopped offering that service. Dang them!
  • Facebook keeps me in touch with friends and family as well as I could ever hope for.
  • The books I've made from this blog are real treasures for my kids. And it's mostly because of the pictures and quotes. I can do that with chatbooks.
  • Chatbooks are a thing!
  • I have no more time to blog. I have four kids,  one of which is a very busy toddler. We just moved and I've got a super long list of things to do. I don't see it shortening anytime soon. And soon I'll have a job (I hope)!
 Family Update:

In July, we arrived in College Station, Texas--three hours from our beloved San Antonio. Jared has started medical school at A & M. Isaac still loves to read, Noah still loves animals, Ellie still loves being creative, and Natalie has discovered the joy of changing fancy dresses a hundred times a day and dancing in them. We have started going to a Spanish-speaking congregation in our church, which has been fun and interesting. We haven't taken a family picture in two years, or I'd leave it here. Love you all...ciao!

1 comment:

Noelle said...

This makes me so sad! But it makes perfect sense. I wish I'd seen it sooner. Ha ha, I love the Natalie changing dresses part. I have hidden all of Atticus's costumes because it was becoming a huge source of contention for the last two weeks! Ahhh...
Good for you, La. Way to not run faster than you have strength. You are amazing.