Friday, January 11, 2008

The New Guy

Well, folks...he's here. The littlest dude has arrived. Noah Grey Laney. 6 lb 12 oz, 19" long at 7:08 on January 9th. Three days late, just like his big brother. Laurel says I shouldn't put this picture of her in here, but I think it's pretty good. What do you think? Let's get a little web poll going here. I want to hear the comments. Isn't she a happy, pretty new mommy? I thought so. So we got home this morning. Isaac and I had to be at the hospital at about 6:30 this morning, you know, 48 hours post birth & they give you the boot. They didn't really give us the boot until about 8:30, though, so I could have slept in. Blast! If only I had known. Oh well. Everybody's home and happy. I've even changed two mustard yellow diapers already today.
Isn't this one great?! I think the original little dude is gonna make a good big brother after all. We weren't sure how he was going to take it, but we talked it up so much, I guess he believed some of it. Isaac gets a big smile on his face when he sees him and likes to tell him "Hi brother."
Here he is right after they brought him down to the nursery--just chillin' in his crib. Very sleepy for the first little while...and I'm not just talking about him.

8 comments:

Jared and Laurel said...

Well, personally, I think it's disgusting. That is all.

Kelly said...

Way CUTE!! And I love that you used the name Noah. Noah's are great!!! Congrats to you guys! I will be coming to Utah with the kids at the end of this month...hope to see you and the new little Noah!

Laura said...

Congratulations on the new baby-you two will be awesome parent's of two childre, and once you two have mastered it you will have to give us tips on how to do it because the thought of two makes me a little bit frightened!
He is adorable and the picture of Isaac with Noah is cute-not to mention that I am jealous you named him Noah, Cody is against the name because he knew a Noah who ruined the name for him...maybe I can still persuade him!

Claudia said...

That's a cute little guys with lots of hair! So excited for you guys. I've been checking your blog faithfully for the last week and am so excited to hear he's finally here. You are a trooper Laurel! Love the name Noah too :o)

Rachel said...

Laurel - you look beautiful as always and I don't know how you could ever think otherwise!

Trace Gibson said...

What a sweet post by a fantastic husband! Now just remember that she's an amazing beautiful wife and mother EVEN WHEN she kind of "loses it" momentarily...it's so hard right after baby comes! She IS beautiful and so is little baby Noah...Noah Grey--I love love love it! What a little angel he is! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys he's beautiful:) Of course!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Noah Grey I love it. He is beautiful.